COVID-19 has necessarily changed the way coworking spaces run, and we are no exception. We opened in February, then had to close in March, but we are now ready to begin operations again for coworking in Powell River, albeit with some changes. At this time, we are only offering Permanent Desk Memberships. If you know of someone who would like to share a permanent desk with you, we are absolutely open to that! Just contact us to discuss further.
We have also instituted the following protocols for the health and well-being of Coastline Colab members:
- We will be limiting the number and type of memberships to ensure physical distancing measures can be adhered to at workstations. This will entail the suspension of our Hot Desk (Drop-in, Punch Pass, Colab 5, Colab 10, and Colab Unlimited) membership packages. We will allow a maximum of four (4) Permanent Desk memberships. These restrictions may need to be carried forward into subsequent months depending on provincial re-opening guidelines.
- We will not be conducting facility tours for prospective new members during the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to help limit exposure. Tours can be conducted outside these hours.
- As a precaution to help limit exposure, we ask that members refrain from bringing guests into space (Coastline Colab will be limited to members only for at least the months of July, August, and September).
- All members are asked to self-assess EACH DAY before coming to Coastline Colab and refrain from coming into the space if they are feeling the least bit sick or exhibiting any symptoms.
- We will be increasing the frequency of our general cleaning. Disinfectant and clean clothes are available for members to clean their Permanent Desk workspaces and commonly touched surfaces.
We are looking forward to providing a space that will mentor and connect people in this community going forward in a safe way. We are constantly examining the situation and will make decisions about further reopening and service offerings as the pandemic situation changes. Until then, if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Jessie at email@example.com with any questions!